to glorify God... one thought at a time

to glorify God... one thought at a time

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sinner

I cannot keep these rules today
Said the overwhelmed man sitting down to pray
I have a secret that I’ve kept
Over and over I have wept
My mouth is evil
My tongue is sharp
I will never hear a harp
My eyes are haughty
My heart is proud
I throw stones into every crowd
My mind is narrow
I won’t make amends
Your word does not make any sense
I’m unforgiving
I’m kind of rude
And yes, I have an attitude
I am not nice
This I admit
Upon my Savior I have spit
I broke commandments
I’ve fallen far
As a Christian I’m way under par
I love in vein
I can’t commit
Church is too long, I just can’t sit
I don’t need prayer
I’m way past my time
I've sold my soul just for a dime
Don’t want to live
God I am done
I might as well just have some fun
Expectations, I can’t live up
God, please help, I’ve had enough!
I just can’t-what? What’s that you said?
It's cause of me Jesus is dead?
Up on that cross, thorns round His head?
My sins He bore, His blood was shed?
Wait, I am free because He's dead?
He's now alive, the bible read?
Goodbye old life, I'll follow Him instead!