to glorify God... one thought at a time

to glorify God... one thought at a time

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Getting to work

“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10



Let me tell you a little bit about what God is doing in my life recently. About eight months ago, I took a leap of faith and left my job in order to spend more time with my family. Shortly after that, I was on a radio show called “The Butterfly Effect”, hosted by Diana Ross owner and operator of Faithful Companions Inc, a non medical home care company for the elderly. The idea of the show was; just as the wings of a butterfly are thought to change its environmental surroundings, so can the small things we do in life make a big difference.

As the radio show began, Diana told me that when she was driving to the show, she received a verse that she knew was for me. She began to read Habakkuk 2:2 Then the Lord replied: “Write down the revelation and make it on plain tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.”

I thought it was neat that she would have received a verse just for me. I was also amazed, yet again, that God was clearly speaking directly to me. I never forgot the verse but had no clue what it meant.

Fast forward now to a few weeks ago when I received an email from someone who was forwarded one of the devotions that I had sent out. She works for the News Herald, which is our local newspaper. She informed me that they have something called “Media Lab” on their website and asked if I would be interested in having them add my blog to their website. This is a page where there are blogs set up that cover all different topics. At that point, I remembered the verse that was shared with me months before and couldn’t help but laugh. Really; so that a herald may run with it? I am always amazed by God’s sense of humor. I am inspired by His wisdom as He is already where we are heading, and I am thankful for His love to have prepared me for this next venture.

After much prayer, I have decided to step out in faith, yet again and my blog is now listed on News Herald website on the media lab page. In order to do this, I will need to average three posts per week. I have decided to add “Lil’ Thoughts” which will be shorter writings between the normal devotions that are sent out. I encourage you to check my blog periodically to see the additional thoughts. You can reach my blog by either typing in conniekovach@blogspot.com or by http://www.news-herald.com/medialab/ once you click on the blog name, it will take you there. Thanks for following so far and please pray for me, that I may seek Him as I share my thoughts.