to glorify God... one thought at a time

to glorify God... one thought at a time

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Good Morning

God
Offers us His
Outstanding
Devotion to

Make us
Obedient and
Ready for a
New day with
HIm!
Never forget
God loves you! - Jenn Bartone

Good morning! I am sitting in a chair by a campfire. This is the life. Though I am sad that I am not at church this morning, I have spent some sweet time with my God. The last week has held much frustration and much turmoil, so to just sit in the quiet of His church of nature, I am finding much peace.

I am going to try something new. God has brought Psalm 23 to my mind and my heart, and I would like to break it down over the next few days. So let's walk through this Psalm together, shall we?

What do you think when you hear 23, could it be LBJ? Maybe it's Jordan. These are probably the two most well known players in the NBA of all time. Well, let's put the basketball down for a moment and look at the most well known passage in the bible itself.

1 "The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want."

What does this mean? In bible times, shepherd was widely used as a metaphor for kings in the Near East. Therefore, the Lord is my King, my God, and my Ruler. What should I want or ask for other than a Holy God that loves me enough to be my King. John 10:14 says that Jesus is the good shepherd. It says He knows us just as God knows Him. How cool is that? Jesus knows us as God knows Him. That's about as tough to absorb as the water on these chairs around this campfire after the rainstorm yesterday.

So as I sit and enjoy my Sunday morning, I will thank God for loving me, as I soak in the knowledge that He is my shepherd, and I will follow Him.