to glorify God... one thought at a time

to glorify God... one thought at a time

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I can't speak!

Jeremaiah 1:4-8 The word of the LORD came to me saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born, I set you apart; I appointed you as prophet to the nations." "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, 'I do not know how to speak, I am only a child.' But the LORD said to me, "Do not say 'I am only a child.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and I will rescue you," declares the LORD.

This weekend I will be speaking for Him. So many thoughts rattle my brain: will I have a voice? Will I remember anything? Will I cry when I tell my story? Do I have any right to speak as I struggle every day with my walk?

Then God speaks "Do not say 'I cannot speak'" and it is then that I remember that it has nothing to do with me! God is the author. God is the speaker, all I have to do is show up willing. So today, I surrender my voice, my will, my tears to Him. He will lead me, He will guide me. Thank You Father for loving me that much!