to glorify God... one thought at a time

to glorify God... one thought at a time

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just a little bit????

R-E-S-P-E-C-T! Do you get it? Do you want it? Do you give it? About a month ago, my middle son got into some trouble. My husband and I felt the need to punish him with a weeks sentance of isolation. Though this punishment was difficult to follow through with due to the length, it was a blessing to me and hopefully to all of you. I asked him to write a little on the topic of respect and was amazed to see his reply. This ten year old boy that can barely keep his eyes focused on me long enough to acknowledge he actually heard me, took this project to heart.

Please read on this devotion about respect written by my ten year old son. I pray you will be as blessed as I was.

RESPECT ~ by: Ty Kovach
"Respect is very important especially to grown-ups. If you don't respect others they won't respect you. Your parents respect you in many ways even by making dinner for you. You should respect everyone even if they do or don't respect you. Without respect nobody would love or be friends with each other. Respect is very powerful respect is love. Respect is a gift a powerful gift. You can not live without it. Respect is caring and loving for other people.
Respect is something you will beg for from your kids. I know it's hard I don't respect my parents all the time either. Its hard to do but there will be consequences. Trust me I have to stay in my room for a week! It is not fun either no electronics not even TV or radio no I-pod it stinks. Parents don't just put you in your room to play with toys.They put you in your room to think about what you have done and how and why you are sorry. That means read the bible and think about what you did and maybe even write a report or write a letter on how your sorry for what you did.

Respect is something are going to use for the rest of your life. You need to respect your mom,dad,brother,sister,leaders,and teachers. Trust me you are going to be aggravated if you have no respect from someone. The Lord made you to respect when you don't respect you were listening to the devil. That is what the Lord does not want you to do that is a sin. You need to respect everyone but the devil. The devil was an angel that didn't respect God. He wanted to be as powerful as God. He didn't respect how God made him.

Lets Pray,
Lord I pray for anybody who does not Believe in you because your the only way to live. Im sorry for sinning against you. I pray I and other people learn how to respect. Please forgive me and who ever else needs forgiven.
Amen

God bless you whoever you are that reads this!"