to glorify God... one thought at a time

to glorify God... one thought at a time

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

journey to healing (Part 1)

Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

This verse is a promise from God. A promise so huge; yet so discreet that if you read too fast, you may miss out on it. You see God never forces anything of Himself on us. He is quite the gentleman. But God is ready and able to do the "New Thing" in your life.

What is it in your life that is ready for some change. I know in mine, it seems to be the whole kit and kaboodle. God has shown me this verse and waited for my reply. In reading it, I have to tell you, I got a little excited. I am ready for a new thing. I am tired of the old. So my God showed me areas in my life that needed some change and together we went.

Can I just tell you that I never expected the rapid pace, the depth, and the healing that this journey has taken me. Over the next few weeks, I will be writing on the journey to healing beyone what we can imagine in our own lives. Healing in places that we didn't even know we were hurting. God is so good, His word tells us that He wants us all to be healed. I pray you will join me on this journey.

Part 1: How are you?

So, how are you? If you are like anyone I know, or me for that matter, the reply is usually ok. Why do we answer in this manner, when we have to know we are not just ok. The truth is we are either really excited because we just found the sweetest deal on a new pair of shoes or we are back to the real us who is walking the earth heartbroken over a broken relationship, hurt by the words of a friend, or just damaged by our past.

So let me ask again, how are you? Now that we have deteremined those not so expected feelings to pop up, lets go to the King for prayer on the specifics of that familiar feeling of hurt or dissapointment.

"God, we stand here at what appears to be a door, half knocking. We aren't really sure whether or not we want to enter for change. So I ask You Father to help me to knock. Help me to trust that You will guide me through this journey of healing. I Father, stand amazed at where You have brought me and I pray that others will follow this journey with me and know that You are with them as well. I thank You God for doing a new thing and pray that others will be doing the same thing soon. Thank You for loving us enough to change us. In Jesus name....Amen"