"if nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies"

Monday, October 15, 2012

Rest (Part 2)

Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain.  Psalm 127:1


The fall season just keeps on rollin in.  Yesterday, the wind was picking up and by last night the sound of the leaves moving on the trees was so loud, it kept waking me up.  Change does have its own sound, doesn't it?  It's kind of sounds like a cross between relief and uncertainty all wrapped up into one, maybe that's why it's so loud.  So as I lay in bed, I asked God to give me this next part on this journey.  So put your scarf on, were ready to move.

The lesson before was to "Be still" in all things.  As the Lord has led, I have been still.  I have been attempting to do this.  When I feel a prompting to want to fix things in the house, I began to stop and pray to be still.  "Lord, you know my heart.  Help me to just relax and not worry about this stuff that doesn't matter in the end."  Let me tell you, when you stop and pray, He is right there, waiting to help you.  That verse that we talked about last time "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" is exactly what I was doing.  Jesus said come, all of you who are tired, exhausted, overdoing it, busy, stressed, grieving, lost, all of you, and I will give you rest.

As I began this journey, a wrench in my peace showed up via our household finances.  Every time you turn the television on, the news is chirping about the turn around in the economy.  Well, it's not with anyone I know, so who the news is talking about, I have no idea.  Anyway,  the Lord was asking me to "be still" as I watched our balance bottom out, our lists grow, and my pride sink.  Sitting at the bottom of my self and all that we had worked so hard to be, my husband and I tried something different.  We prayed over them.

The verse that God has given me as been "unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain."  What does this have to do with finances, and how am I supposed to rest when I am so stressed out?  Once again God spoke "unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain."  I  began to see it, if we do not surrender these finances to God, the work, stress, balancing, and writing of bills will all be done in vain.  This means it will all be a waste of time.

So we surrendered our mistakes, our selfishness, our hard work, our everything to Him.  We asked Him for help.  Sound kind of crazy?  I guess if you still view God as "the big man upstairs" as I used to call him, I could see why.  He is right here next to me as I write.  He is right there next to you as you read, yep even if you don't believe in Him, He is still there.  Don't believe me?  Call on Him and ask if He is there.  Be forewarned though, your life will drastically change.   

Let's pray..."Lord, here we are again at Your feet.  I pray today for anyone who is reading that may be where we are.  Keep them positive Lord, don't allow the spirit of despair to come upon them.  With You God, all things are possible.  Financial peace begins with trusting You Lord to provide.  Please give them the courage to begin trusting and relying on You instead of their wants and needs.  Lord, if we look to You before every purchase, the stress seems to disappear.  Thank You Father for providing.  Thank You for helping us to stay on track.  Thank You for guiding us through this thing called life.  This all I lay before the feet of Jesus and in His name that we pray...Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment