"if nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies"

Monday, January 28, 2013

I wanna be like Daniel!

"This man Daniel, whom the king called Belteshazzar, was found to have a keen mind and knowledge and understanding, and also the ability to interpret dreams, explain riddles and solve difficult problems. Call for Daniel, and he will tell you what the writing means." Daniel 5:12

I don't know if you have read the book of Daniel, but it is quickly becoming my favorite book.  I just can't seem to get enough of it lately.  I have been doing the Beth Moore Daniel study over the course of a few months, as well as digging into the verses myself being in deep prayer over it's content.  It has opened my eyes to so much and given me a new sense of what it means to follow Christ.

Daniel, in no way, had it easy.  He lived a life of integrity that unfolds more and more with each chapter.  The way he continues to praise God during his trials and fear is just simply amazing.  But as you can see from the verse above, he was known for his God and was looked up to all through his life.  The thoughts of how his life can relate to ours is exciting.  Though the times are very different now, the sin is the same and the opportunity to live a life filled with integrity is not impossible.  I imagine it would be unimaginably difficult, but not impossible.

Do you have a desire to withstand all the evil that goes on around you?  Do you have a want to be so dependent on God that you can do nothing without consulting Him first?  Then let's do this book together!  My prayer is to go through the book with you by giving you an overview of what I've read and the revelations that I have received.  I encourage you to open your bible up to Daniel 1 so that you are depending on God's Spirit to lead your lessons, not me.  So open up to Daniel, chapter 1 and read away.  Let's pray:

"Oh Lord, You have given me such wonder for this book and I thank You for that.  Lord I am excited to see what You are going to show me as we do this book together.  Please Father, I pray that You give me as well as all who read this, wisdom and knowledge to understand Your written word.  We thank You for loving us enough to give us this gift to be able to be with You at any given moment through scripture.  Thank You for loving us, In Jesus name ~ Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment