FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS...

It's been a week and we are in the middle of the pandemic storm.  I have not weighed in as of yet, partially because I have been figuring out how to live this new normal and partly because I have been in a battle with my faith.

I use the term new normal because not only did I get the shut down notice for the loft, but now I am thrust into being an online school proctor.  Did I mention that we just moved the week before?  So, needless to say, I have been super busy.

On to the battle within.  When the news started getting more intense, the calm that I had kept me focused.  I have really been trying to surrender my mind to focus on balancing my family and career. The day the word came to shut down my business, I was both relieved and broken to lock up my loft indefinitely.  The emotions, like everyone around me were high and the uncertainty seemed to be awaiting us when the dust would settle.  We would be using the time to inform our clients of what was occurring while we tried not to get caught up in the reactions both good and bad.

I had mentioned before, after the dust settled, the reality of our lives, once filled with clients and square transactions, seemed to come to a halt.  We were immediately  thrown into the roles of at home housewives, moms, dog moms and some chicken and cow moms. (I am not kidding you)  We saw our husbands stress as now they would carry the weight of it all and some were the breadwinners.  It's just a lot to take in.

While I was processing all of this, I remembered a sermon our pastor had just given.  It was on Mark 8.  Jesus had literally performed at least two miracles as we read and followed it up with some questions to his disciples.  First "Who do they say that I am?"  The answer was easy, much like gossip, they answered "John the Baptist; and others say, Elijah; and others, one of the prophets".  The next question wasn't as fun or easy for that matter, Jesus asked "Who do you say that I am?"  To which Peter answered "You are the Christ."  With that, our pastor taught us that whatever way we answer that question, is the way we will live our lives.  

As I remember this sermon as if it were yesterday, I realized that my faith wasn't holding up to my belief.  If Jesus asked me that today, what would my answer be?  The problem is that it seems to change by the minute.

I began to research this virus, I realized that I could make myself crazy and I needed to stop.  So I researched the meaning and this is what I found.

co·ro·na1
/kəˈrōnə/

noun
  1. 1. 
    ASTRONOMY
    the rarefied gaseous envelope of the sun and other stars. The sun's corona is normally visible only during a total solar eclipse, when it is seen as an irregularly shaped pearly glow surrounding the darkened disk of the moon.
  2. 2. 
    ANATOMY
    a part of the body resembling or likened to a crown.

Did you see that?  I know that this virus is something that is not good.  I know that it is something to be feared, but I also know someone who is bigger than it all.  The fact that you can't see the corona until a full eclipse is in motion.  Seriously? You see it when the dark tries to cover it up.  I remember saying at the beginning of all of this, that God is still on the throne.  What better way to show it than to have the name literally be about the sun and a crown.  Are you kidding me?

I love how God works.  Though I do not think God made this virus, He definitely allowed it to be here.  Perhaps, for such a time as this, to wake us up from our slumber and bring our eyes back to Him.  Perhaps to stop the monotony of life and re-focus our hearts back to our faith.  Perhaps, this time is to give us the chance to repent (turn away from our sin, our crap) and turn humbly heavenward.  Why this virus is here, taking our time, jobs, lives, I do not know.  But one thing I do know, when I am asked who I think Jesus is, I will answer, the King of Kings.  I know that God is still on the throne and no matter what, I will humbly come before Him and repent of my unbelief and pray for belief.

Will you join me in prayer?  Dear Lord, we lift up our nation to You God.  You are still on the throne, and for that, we are thankful.  You still have the ability to stop this madness and we ask that You do Lord.  Please help those who are battling this virus.  God help them to heal. Please help our older generation, Lord, to head the word to stay home.   We pray for ___insert name here,___ to turn their lives back over to You Father.  We thank You for the lessons in this time and ask that You keep guiding us through.  We pray this all in the name of Jesus, Amen.

Popular Posts