".01" Psalm 23:6

6. "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."

The family that I married into has a running joke. When something is 99.9%, our family is the .01%. It is rather funny how many times people will tell us, "What are the chances?" and "Only your family". Having this label does two things. First, it definitely gives you a sense of humor. If you don't laugh, the tears coming from your eyes will not be good. Second, it gives a false sense of security, because if we fail, lose something, or something just gets out of control, we can just say that we knew it would happen, and go on expecting the worst.

This verse definitely makes me think. I wonder if my thoughts would go here "surely goodness and mercy will follow me" how different my outlook would be. Psalm 145:8 says that God is merciful and Psalm 100:5 says that God is good, so this would mean God is with me all the days of my life. That puts a different perspective on the percentage of goodness that I see in my life.

The next part says "I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever" Praise God, that he will take a negative, cynicle soul like myself, and allow me to dwell with Him forever. That forever starts now, part one says He is already with us, every day, walking along side of us.

I have had a great week walking through this Psalm. I thank you for walking with me. I know I have learned alot. Throughout this entire week, we have learned that God is love(day 1), peace(day 2), patience(day 3), faithful(day 4), joy(day 5), good(day 6), and kind(day 6). If we add self-control we have the fruits of the spirit. Maybe that's where we will head next week, wink wink.

Popular Posts