Rest Psalm 23:2

2 "he maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters"

We as humans forget the simple task of rest, me included. So many times we live our lives according to the to-do list. Sometimes we just need to rest, yes even from that list. I can remember when I had my hysterectomy. I knew of the challenges my mid section would have following the surgery, however, I was determined not to gain an ounce. So, I walked and walked as I recovered. I was young, I didn't think I needed rest. All I can say is that God thought otherwise. As I prepared to go back to work, two weeks early, I decided to have a quick garage sale. I stepped on something that was thrown in my foyer and fell, breaking my right foot. He maketh me to lie down all right. For the next three weeks, that's all I did.

So now that we are resting, what do we do with it? Do we sit and complain, or do we drink from those still waters? When God calls us to rest, sometimes it's to just sit as His feet and learn. Sometimes it's to re-evaluate your life. Sometimes, it's to wake you up and get you turned in the right direction. Whatever the reason, just submit to that rest and ask God to show you what He is saying. Pull up a chair next to the holy and refreshing waters of the King of Glory, and take a drink.

Popular Posts