Manifesto

Here we are on the brink of New Year's Eve!  I can't believe we will bring ringing in a new 365 days in about 29 short hours.  It seems impossible to me that this crazy year of 2012 is almost over.  The year has been filled with many dramatic moments, weather headlines, tragedies, false predictions and much more.  Though it's sad to see time fly by, I am actually ready for the new year.

As we prepare for something new, it's time to review our lives.  You know, kind of like cleaning out the closets, we must clean out the intentions and actions of our lives.  I have been sitting her the past few days in prayer, asking God to reveal to me the yuck in my life that needs cleaning.  He has spoken once again!

Our hearts are like our homes.  They hold everything that we have collected over the years.  I know in my home, the amount of stuff that hit the garage sale table this fall was quite impressive.  I have come to the conclusion that I am somewhat of a pack rat.  Well, my heart is no different.  God has shown me how much I have collected by way of pain, frustration, anger and unbelief.  He has challenged me to allow Him to clean out the corners of this infested heart.

As Christians, we are often called to search our hearts.  In the new year, we are asked to declare a resolution.  I am urging you to declare a Manifesto.  As a resolution is resolving to do something, a Manifesto is a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives.  A Manifesto is not just for the new year, it is a declaration of how we claim to live. 

Last year, I wrote this Manifesto after being challenged by a good friend.  I pray that you will take my challenge to write your own.  I will warn you, however, it is a scary thing to do.  As you write what you believe and intend to live, you will be faced with some fears that want to inhibit you.  Do not listen to those fears as they are lies from the enemy.  Also, by declaring our belief and intentions, we must live our lives in such a way that resembles those words.  By living opposite what we proclaim, we are acting as a false teacher.  This world needs to know the hope and glory only God can be so get our your pen and get going.  Enjoy writing and allow God to be glorified through your life!  Happy New Year!

My Manifesto ~ Connie Kovach
"I choose to believe and trust all that God has for me in this upcoming year.  I will follow Christ into the ugliest and most beautiful of circumstances while bowing down to His Holiness and Hid beauty.  I will choose to love His people no matter how difficult and obey His commands no matter how scary." 

Popular Posts