Journey

Wow, it's been so long since I've written.  The reasons for this are many.  First and foremost, there just doesn't seem to be any time to sit and think.  Also, my fingers, aka my heart, has been broken.  A little over three years ago, I said goodbye for now to my momma.  She was suffering with lung cancer and her body just gave out.  The months leading up to her death, life got to be so busy that writing, even if I had the words, wasn't a possibility.  Since that time, God has shown me many things about me and my life.  He has shown me what I find important that is foolish.  He has shown me the importance of my family.  He has shown me the ability to heal.  The crazy part is, I didn't even realize I was broken.


In the months leading up this post, I have realized that I can handle change.  I may not like it, but I can handle it.  The mere fact that things aren't staying the same is a sign that life is going on and it's time to catch up. 


For anyone who knows me, knows that I am the definition of anxiety.  I have shared my testimony in the past regarding my fear, as well as the work that the Lord has done in my heart to smother that fear.  Sometimes the lessons are small and sometime He puts you on eight flights in three weeks to kill the fear of flying.  Did I go on the plane skipping?  No, but the point is, I went.  I did it, afraid.

You see, being fearless doesn't mean the fear does not exist, it simply means your trust outweighs your fear.  Besides, why would the word fear be within it if it weren't part of it.  Fear can be overcome by faith.  This means that if you trust God more than the fear.  When you do this,
 you are in a good position. 

So how is God working on my fear?  What fear is He killing in my life?  These are all good questions.  Stay posted to hear more of this journey and what the Lord is doing in my heart and life.


Popular Posts