Help

"Just a thought..." by Connie Kovach

I am so thankful that you are joining me today.  This has been a roller coaster lately.  I wish I would have listened when they said to buckle my belt and keep my hands and feet inside the car at all times.

Isn't it amazing how we hear the voice of instruction, yet we fight it with all of our being?  Have you ever been asked if you needed help?  Almost like it was divine intervention.  You reached the end of your failed rope and someone just happens to reach out to offer help and at that moment, you take a breath and answer the only way you know how..."no thanks, I got this".

Why do we do that?  Why don't we listen or accept help from others.  It all boils down to one word.  PRIDE.  Yep, that hideous ugly word that creeps through all of us.  Pride says, if they help, it won't be or look the way I want it to.  Pride says, you are weak if you need help.  Pride says, it will take longer to explain my thoughts than it will to accomplish the task myself.  What we are not thinking of is that maybe, just maybe, God has interviewed....GASP.  Right?  Maybe, God allowed the person to ask us to relieve us so that we can accomplish something else or maybe even rest.  But pride takes over and takes control.  Before we know it, we're upside down, hanging on for dear life as out feet dangle outside the cart.  We fall, once again, at the feet of Jesus exhausted and overwhelmed.  (This is me!)  

So those rules, those comments of direction or words of experience, they do not come without meaning.  We need to be as attentive to our answers as we do our prayers.  We need to stop telling God how to answer.  Stop giving God perimeters to work with.  God knows.  Just trust Him.

Popular Posts