Weight Issue

Hi, my name is Connie and I’m a latte-holic.  Wait let me try that again…. Hi, my name is Connie and I’m a sugar-holic! (Insert Hi Connie here)!

My weight has always been an issue, and I mean always.  I can remember when I was young, hanging with my friends in the condos where I lived.  They always looked smaller than me.  When they could wear 2 piece bathing suits and I was stuck in the granny suit.  Yep, those thoughts happen at 10 years old.  

As I grew older, I found a time to rebel and wear what I wanted.  I didn’t care what people thought, I was a new me and I was going to wear and act how I wanted.  Many mistakes and things happened but we’re all a mess right?  Ummmm (insert your NO here.)  More to come on this season later.

When I woke up today, I realized my weight issue.  Not every pound of it, however, the weight behind it.  You see, I am a girl who has believed the lies.  Every single hell grown lie about me and my life, which added weight to me in my psyche.  Have you ever thought about the weight of the lies?  As weight is compounded when adding force, we add more weight when we believe the lies that are thrown at us.  And if that isn’t enough, we add more weight by being and acting on who we claim to be by who we see and what we believe.  

I am doing a challenge with a group of women, “Grit and Grace”. My daughter is leading me in this, did you hear that last part?  I missed it!  My daughter is leading me, which means, I had to have taught her something…  So quickly we let go of the truth or discount it as just whatever (insert eye roll).  My daughters one request has been to not stand on the scale, so that I didn’t get obsessed with the numbers.  As I left the scale and looked in the mirror, something happened.  I liked what I saw.  Sure, I am down a few pounds, however, it was more than that.  I believe this is where the “grace” comes in.  I am who I see in the mirror only if I am seeing myself through eyes of truth.  Point two… If I see myself, no matter what way I view myself in that mirror, I will portray that version.  Does this make sense?  Ok I am having a “MIND BLOWN” moment.  Let me try this again…

If I see myself weighed down with the life that I have lived, whether by choice or not, then I am choosing to be weighed down.  I will be heavier, even than the scale says.  I will see who I believe that I am.  If, however, I choose to see myself as I am in God’s eyes, than the weight falls off.  If the weight falls off, than, I portray that when I am with others.  So that weight that was compounded, falls off two fold.  Simply put….You portray who you are by what you believe about yourself.


More to come….stay tuned!

Popular Posts