Are you Esther?

“Now the King was attracted to Esther more than any other women, and she won his favor and approval more than any of the other virgins.  So he set a royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.”  Esther 2:17
 
 
I am finding that Esther is not far off from our own lives.  She is royalty, as are we.  We are the daughter’s and the bride of the King, however, just because we are royalty doesn’t mean we can have what we want.  Esther was just a girl, a girl who was hurt, bruised, and lonely, that is until the King chose her.  Once the King chose her, she was tucked away in a royal bubble.  The view out her window was so different, that it didn’t matter what was going on in the world, she was only seeing jewels and velvet.  Until, a very dear one to her soul was suffering in that world.  He was hurting beyond belief.  She had a choice to make, does she stay in her warm comfy spot and deny the trials that stew around her or does she stand firm in God’s grip and allow the hurricane of growth to consume her.  Praise God she picks the latter, and I only pray I do to. 
 
Standing firm is the hardest thing to do, there seems to be no sense, no glory, just plain crazy.   Well, my friends, it is just that.  When God calls us to something, it usually never makes sense to us, there is always an easier way out.  We just know that it is God.  We feel a nagging urgency that cries out His name.  There will never be glory in it for us, because God, himself, is the King of Glory!  Anything we accomplish in this lifetime, anything we do, is for His glory and His glory only.  That is why we are here, my friend.  And crazy, does it seem crazy to follow, love, obey, submit, and live for a God which we can not tangibly see?  Absolutely!  That is why we are called in faith to accomplish His works.
 
God could have given Esther the scenario she wanted, after all, she had just fasted for three days, stood before the King, life sentence in hand and asked to have he and the enemy himself to dinner, twice.  She had to unveil the enemy of herself to the king.  But she didn’t just get to put it on face book, no she had to unveil him right in front of his bloodthirsty mouth.  Can you imagine?  Then she had to allow invalid accusations to be the straw breaking the camels back so hard that it caused him to be hung that very minute.  Ok, so she accomplished all that, now He is asking her to fight?
 
God has had a plan for our lives so detailed that every blink of our eyes is written in His book.  He is the author of our lives, and like any book, we cannot just white out the pages and type over the words.  When we read a story or watch a movie, there are so many times we get frustrated with the characters.  We are unhappy with the circumstance that they are given; however, we can’t change the book so we submit to the story line and continue on.  This is much like life.  If we just submit to our story line that our mighty God has written, submit to Him, imagine what He will accomplish through little old us?  I will look at my Christian walk much differently now.  I am done trying to write my own story.  I am ready to see what my God has already written for my life.  I only pray that I will hear and obey as well as Esther did. 3/26/10 Ck
 
Let's pray: "dear heavenly Father, You are our King. Thank You for choosing us. Your word tells us of your unfailing love for us. I thank You Father for not only choosing us, but for standing by while we fight for what we've been given. Lord I want to stop trying to grab that pen out of your hand and allow You to write my story. I pray anyone who reads this finds their comfort in You. I pray in Jesus name" ~ Amen
 
 

Popular Posts